All auditions take place at The Sauk.
Big River: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Audition Dates: May 25 at 7 p.m., May 26 at 2 p.m.
Callbacks: May 26 in the evening, time tba
Performance Dates: August 9-12, 16-19, 2018
Please prepare 32 bars of a song from a Broadway musical. Bring sheet music. An accompanist will be provided. Auditions will also consist of readings from the script. Trinity Bird will direct and choreograph with musical direction by Kristi Gautsche. Vocal direction is by Gay Shaw. Michele Harmon is stage manager.
- Huckleberry Finn
- Jim (African-American)
- Tom Sawyer
- The King
- The Duke
- Mark Twain/Doctor
- Pap Finn/Sheriff Bell
- Lafe/Counselor Robinson
- Ben Rogers/Hank/Young Fool
- Judge Thatcher/Harvey Wilkes/Silas Phelps
- Ensemble of slaves, Tom Sawyer's gang, townspeople, mourners, patients and hired hands.
- Mary Jane Wilkes
- Widow Douglas/Sally Phelps
- Miss Watson/Strange Woman
- Jo Harper/Joanna Wilkes
- Susan Wilkes
- Alice (African-American)
- Alice's Daughter (African-American)
- Ensemble of slaves, townspeople, tarts, mourners and patients.
Audition Dates: June 11 and 12, 2018 at 7 p.m.
'Tipping Point' and 'The Pattern of All Patience' perform June 29, 2018 at 7:30 p.m.
'Timmy's Big Kiss' and 'Acts of Expiation' perform June 30, 2018 at 7:30 p.m.
Auditions will consist of readings from the various scripts. This is a very small but important commitment of time. Actors will be working with the directors and playwrights to develop the script during rehearsals.
Tipping Point (5 men, 3 women)
By Paul McKinley. Directed by MJ Dulmage.
"How are you going to make a career with that?" In a rural Midwestern college town, a professor is confronted by the town's assumptions about college and career success when a student discovers his professor will also be his waitress for the evening.
- Laura Wells: Female. Early-30's.
- Stephen Wright: Male. 20.
- Cindy Wright: Female. 40's.
- Roger Wright: Male. 40's.
- Cheryl Wright: Female. 70's-80's.
- Malcolm: Male. Early-30's.
- Allen: Male. 20's.
- Chris: Male. 20's.
The Pattern of All Patience (2 men, 2 women, 1 girl)
By Jacquelyn Loy. Directed by Mari Nunez.
After her mother's funeral, a young woman strives to connect with her father who recently moved to a nursing home as his condition with Alzheimer's worsens. Her father finds himself befriending a young girl whose inquisitive nature reminds him of his youth. As their friendship strengthens, so does his memory eventually bringing back the pain from his dark past.
- Old Man: An old man in his late 70's, has Alzheimer's
- Nurse: Woman in her early 30's, nurse to the Old Man
- Daughter: A woman in her late 30's, daughter to Old Man
- Fiance: A man in his late 30's, fiance to Daughter
- Girl: A young girl around the age of 5, a friend to the Old Man
Timmy's Big Kiss (large cast of various ages including many teens)
By Matthew Weaver. Directed by Trinity Bird.
Timmy Hilsop is on the run from every girl in his school and the tri-county area, all of whom want to kiss him to win a prize established by his rock star older brother, Van. But does Timmy even want to be kissed?
- Timmy Hilsop: 13-14, high school freshman, the prey
- Penny Ducoeur: 16-17, the cool girl
- Rachel Quakenbush: 16-17, hopeless romantic
- Claudia Urquhart: 16-17, queen of the high school hallway
- Van Hilsop: 19-21, scruffy rock star
- Niccolo Dilucca: 15-16, the best friend you could ever want
- Morgan Morgan: 16-17, a rival queen
- Valerie Lord: 18-20, star of a popular TV show
- Rusty Milsap: 13-14, high school freshman in the right place at the wrong time
- Hornswoggle: a veteran high school teacher
- An Audience Member: an old lady with much to say
- Dinosaur-Headed Bad Guy: Recurring bad guy on a popular TV show
- Assorted Girls: the pursuers
- Da Gama Girls: cheerleaders working for Morgan Morgan
- Henchcheerleaders 1-3: the comic relief in the midst of "Macbeth"
- Security Guards: keeping us all safe from wiseacre audience members
- Director of the Play: the director of the play
- Announcer: an announcer
Acts of Expiation (1 man, 1 woman, 1 man or woman)
By Joseph Allen Smith. Directed by Josh Hall.
What do you do when the doorbell rings and it's an old friend in need of help? What do you do when it's your long-divorced husband in a wheelchair wanting to move back in? With the help of a taxi driver, Neil and Rose learn to walk again, to dance again and to live one day at a time.
- Rose: An elderly woman, 60 plus years
- Neil: An elderly man, 60 plus years
- Taxi Driver: 20-30, male or female
The Flower Girls
Audition Dates: Friday, July 20 at 7 p.m., Saturday July 21 at 2 p.m.
Performance Dates: September 6-9, 2018
Audition requirements will be announced at a later date. Kristin Hood directs.
- Jim: A former carpenter. Susan's husband and the father of Violet, Rose and Lily.
- Jake: Mid-twenties. Young professional. Charming and attractive.
- Violet: A 27-year-old high school guidance counselor. She is the eldest of the Robertson sisters, and she often finds herself caught in the middle between her younger sisters, Rose and Lily.
- Rose: A 25-year-old Type A accountant who lives just two hours away from the family home in North Carolina.
- Lily: At 23, Lily is the youngest of the Robertson sisters. She is 6 months pregnant.
- Susan: A retired florist, Jim's wife and the mother of Violet, Rose and Lily.
Anatomy of a Murder
Audition Dates: August 13 and 14, 2018 at 7 p.m.
Performance Dates: October 11-14, 18-21, 2018
Audition requirements will be announced at a later date. Bruce Crews directs.
Available Roles (most roles could be male or female)
- Parnell McCarthy - late 50's, Irish temperament.
- Paul Biegler - tall, broad-shouldered and rugged.
- Lt. Frederic Manion - U.S. Army, tall, lean, muscular.
- Laura Manion - his wife. She radiates sex.
- Paquette - bartender, small in size.
- Mitch Lodwick - district attorney, handsome, young, well-groomed.
- Claude Dancer - from Attorney General's office.
- Grover Gleason - court reporter.
- Clovis Pidgeon - court clerk.
- Judge Weaver - the judge.
- Dr. Homer Raschid - pathologist.
- Warren Burke - photographer.
- Det. Sgt. Julian Durgo - plain clothes detective.
- Dr. W. Harcourt Gregory - the People's psychiatrist.
- Dr. Matthew Smith - Army psychiatrist.
- Jury Foreman
- Mr. Lemon - caretaker of Thunder Bay Trailer Park.
- The Jury
A Christmas Story
Audition Dates: October 15 and 16, 2018 at 7 p.m.
Performance Dates: December 6-9, 13-16, 2018
Audition requirements will be announced at a later date. This is the play version of the story, not the musical. Ron Boyle directs.
Adult Male Roles
- RALPH - a storyteller. Also plays The Cowboy, The Tree Lot Owner, The Delivery Man, Voice of a Neighbor, Santa Claus
- THE OLD MAN - Ralphie's father
Adult Female Roles
- MOTHER - Ralphie's mother
- MISS SHIELDS - Ralphie's teacher. Also the voice of Schwartz's mom.
Roles for Boys
- RALPHIE PARKER - Ralph at 9-years-old
- RANDY - his little brother
- FLICK - his friend and classmate. Also plays Desperado One
- SCHWARTZ - a friend and classmate. Also plays Desperado Two
- SCUT FARKAS - a bully. Also plays Black Bart
Roles for Girls
- ESTHER JANE ALBERRY - a classmate
- HELEN WEATHERS - a classmate