All auditions take place at The Sauk.
The Full Monty
Audition Dates: Friday, May 26 at 7 p.m., Saturday, May 27 at 2 p.m.
Callbacks: Evening of May 27
Performance Dates: August 10-13, 17-20
Please prepare 16 bars of a song from a movie or musical. Rock songs would be appropriate for this audition. Bring sheet music. An accompanist will be provided. Auditions will also consist of readings from the script and a dance audition. PLEASE NOTE: Men auditioning for Jerry, Dave, Malcolm, Ethan, Harold and Horse may be asked to strip at auditions. Men auditioning for Keno WILL be asked to strip at auditions. Please dress accordingly. The cast consists of 12 men, 9 women and 1 boy. You must be 18-years-old by June 1 to audition. Boys between the ages of 12 and 16 will be considered for the role of Nathan. Trinity Bird will direct with musical direction by Kristi Gautsche and choreography by Jan Mackie. Rehearsals will begin in early June.
- Jerry Lukowski - An unemployed mill worker, fighting to maintain his pride and the custody of his only son. All-American jock and the definitive man's man. Spontaneous. Very prideful. Strips in final scene.
- Dave Bukatinsky - Jerry's best friend and fellow unemployed mill worker. Very much a man's man, but more of a follower than leader. The definitive sidekick. Prideful. Self-conscious about his size. Strips in final scene.
- Harold Nichols - An unemployed supervisor at the mill. Hot Metal's choreographer. Thinks his worth comes from providing for his wife, so he hides his unemployment from her. Strips in final scene.
- Malcolm Macgregor - An unemployed mill worker. Lives at home with his mother. Depressed, suicidal, awkward, and feeble. Pigeon-chested. Finds comfort in Ethan. Strips in final scene.
- Ethan Girard - An unemployed mill worker. Lonely. Has a blind determination and confidence to succeed. Finds company with Malcolm. Strips in final scene. Shows bare butt in act one scene.
- Noah "Horse" T. Simmons - A retired mill worker. Embarrassed about being an "average sized" Black man. Despite being old and slow when walking, he still has explosive dance moves. Frequently grumpy. Strips in final scene.
- Teddy Slaughter - Pam's fiance. The opposite of Jerry - clean-cut and well-off.
- Buddy "Keno" Walsh - Handsome and experienced gay male stripper. Has show opening Chippendale-esque dance.
- Reg Willoughby - A union leader. Unsuccessfully auditions to be a stripper.
- Tony Giordano - Night club owner.
- Pam Lukowski - Jerry's estranged wife and high school sweetheart. She wants what is best for her son. Strong business woman, but also compassionate and motherly.
- Georgie Bukatinsky - Dave's wife. She loves her husband, and worries about him. Loud, outgoing and brash. She is the "leader" of her group of girlfriends.
- Vicki Nichols - Harold's wife. She enjoys the finer things in life. Loves her husband more than anything, and supports him no matter what.
- Jeanette Burmeister - A piano player of indeterminate years and show-business pro. Sassy, quick-witted, and larger than life. Has slowed down in recent years.
- Estelle Genovese - Jerry's younger sexy girlfriend.
- Susan Hershey
- Joanie Lish
- Molly MacGregor - Malcolm's aged ailing mother.
- Nathan Lukowski – Jerry's young son. Nathan can be stoic, sincere, and charming, but ultimately real as he deals with his parents' custody battle. Nathan sees and hears adult-themed content. He also swears once in the show.
Audition Dates: June 19 and 20 at 7 p.m.
"Trees" and "On Art" perform July 7
"Twelve Wild Swans" and "The Flower Girls" perform July 8
Auditions will consist of readings from the various scripts. This is a very short and light rehearsal period beginning July 22 (3-4 rehearsals prior to performance). Because of the nature of these scripts being in progress, the following characters may change prior to performance. Directors will be announced in April.
"Trees" - 3 men, 3 women, 2 boys, 1 girl
"Trees" is the unique story about a man and his best friends, two white oaks. Between the trees' growth rings, life lessons are revealed.
- Old Man Ted - An aged man nearing the end of his days.
- Whitey - A wise old White Oak. Ted's "best friend." Male. Whitey's voice is always smiling.
- Red - A White Oak that was also Ted's friend. Female. Red is now a stump after being hit by lightning some years ago.
- Lois - Ted's wife (after 50 years of marriage).
- Teen Ted - Ages 18 or 19.
- Teen Lois - Ted's girlfriend. Has moxie. Age 18 or 19.
- Young Ted - Ted as an adventurous young boy.
- Young Lois - Lois when she was a feisty, spunky young girl
- Teddy - Ted's grandson. A mart kid. Age 8
"On Art" - 1 man, 5 women
Set in 1890s Vienna, "On Art" tells the story of a sheltered girl who falls prey to her curiosity after her family takes in a mysterious artist.
- Lila Hoch - Young adult, daughter of the house, only child.
- Iris Hoch - Lila's mother. An older woman.
- Ernst Brandt - Their house guest. A man in his early 20's.
- Katherine - A maid. Older.
- Albine - The newer maid. Lila's age.
- Gertrude Dormand - A severe woman. Very slightly older than Iris.
"Twelve Wild Swans" -
Twelve princes are cursed by a witch and turned into swans. When their little sister discovers this, she sets out to save them.
- Young Imogene
- Bernadette/Queen Bernadette
- Ronan/King Ronan
- Young Finn
- Bros: Aiden, Liam, Finn, Conner, Collin, Sean, Dylan, Niall, Declan, Riley, Thomas, Seamus
- King Patrick
- Soldiers, Armies
"The Flower Girls" - 1 man, 4 women
"The Flower Girls" is a play about three sisters - Violet, Rose and Lily - who are at their own personal crossroads when they return to their North Carolina home for their parents' 30th anniversary. What happens when these three sisters come together for the first time in years? Laughs, lies and of course lots of love.
- Violet - A 27-year-old high school guidance counselor. She is the eldest of the Robertson sisters and she often finds herself caught in the middle between her younger sisters, Rose and Lily.
- Rose - A 25-year-old Type A accountant who lives just two hours away from the family home in North Carolina.
- Lily - At 23, Lily is the youngest of the Robertson sisters. She is 6 months pregnant.
- Susan - A retired florist, Jim's wife and the mother of Violet, Rose and Lily.
- Jim - A former carpenter, Susan's husband and the father of Violet, Rose and Lily.
Does This Show Make
My Butt Look Fat?
Audition Dates: July 22 at 2 p.m., July 23 at 6 p.m.
Performance Dates: September 7-10
Auditions will consist of readings from the script. The cast will consist of 6-12 women. You must be at least 55 years of age to auditions...no exceptions. Anne Holt will direct.
The Sunshine Boys
This production has been cast.
It's A Wonderful Life
Audition Dates: October 6 at 7 p.m., October 7 at 2 p.m.
Performance Dates: November 30-December 10
Audition requirements will be announced at a later date. The cast consists of 12 men, 10 women, 4 boys and 2 girls. Kristin Hood will direct.
- George Bailey, the Everyman of Bedford Falls
- Clarence Odbody, A-S-2 (Angel Second Class)
- Mr. Gower, proprietor of the corner drug store
- Harry Bailey, George's younger brother
- Bert, a patrolman
- Ernie, a mail carrier
- Uncle Billy, George's uncle and business partner
- Henry F. Potter, own practically the entire town
- Mr. Potter's Goon, ever-present with Mr. Potter
- Sam Wainwright, a financially successful young man
- Mr. Martini, proprietor of a bar
- Mr. Welch, the schoolteacher's husband
- Mother Bailey, a very kind and understanding woman
- Aunt Tilly, Uncle Billy's wife
- Violet Peterson, proprietor of a beauty salon
- Mary Hatch-Bailey, George's loving wife
- Mr. Potter's Secretary, ever-faithful to Mr. Potter
- Mrs. Hatch, Mary's mother
- Miss Andrews, a townsperson
- Mrs. Thompson, a townsperson
- Mrs. Martini
- Miss Carter, a bank examiner
- Young George, age 12
- Newspaper Boy, age 10
- Pete Bailey, age 12
- Tommy Bailey, age 10
- Janie Bailey, age 9
- Zuzu Bailey, age 7