All auditions take place at The Sauk.
Audition Dates: March 5 and 6, 2018 at 7 p.m.
Performance Dates: May 3-6, 2018
Auditions will consists of readings from the various scripts. There are roles for approximately 16 men and 23 women. PLEASE NOTE: There are many roles for those age 55 and up!
Bank Withdrawal Symptoms (4 men, 4 women)
By Jim Gustafason. Directed by Bruce Crews
- Marcus - The bank robber. He's a young man just "trying to do his job."
- Jackson - The bank teller. He makes sure all withdrawals...even by theft...are handled properly.
- Sally - A bank teller. Earnest and eager to do a good job for all customers.
- Older Woman - She's kindly and generous to a fault, even with a crook.
- Older Man - He's a critic. If you're going to commit a crime around him, DO IT RIGHT!
- Young Woman - As a victim, she's too easily distracted to become actively involved in the crime.
- Young Man - For him no situation is too dire to obtain or dispense useful information.
- Teenage Girl - Is a bank robbery something to get excited about? Not really.
B-I-N-G...OH! (1 man, 1 woman)
By Jonathan Markella. Directed by Jennifer Wagler
- Jack - A 48-year-old divorced father and devoted son, who fills his empty hours doting on his elderly mother, driving her where she needs to go and helping her around the house.
- Deb - A 47-year-old divorced woman who finds herself lonely after her father passes away, so she continues to frequent the Bingo hall where they bonded.
Canker Sores & Other Distractions (1 man, 2 women)
By Christopher Durang. Directed by Ron Boyle.
- Prunella, his ex-wife
- Midge, a waitress
A Growing Problem (1 man, 1 woman)
By Jeanette D. Farr. Directed by Angela Forant.
- Frank - 68 years old. Recently retired. Former police officer.
- Helen - 66 years old. Spirited. Loving. Positive.
Help Desk (1 male, 1 female, 1 either)
By G.M. (Bud) Thompson. Directed by Trinity Bird.
- Receptionist - Person who staff the Help Desk. Can be either gender.
- Him - Late teens. This role has been cast.
- Her - Late teens.
The Mesmerist (1 man, 2 women)
By G.M. (Bud) Thompson. Directed by Josh Hall.
- Dio, The Mesmerist
- Sarah Boluminski
- Carla McLean
Pieces of Life (1 man, 2 women)
By Mike Willis. Directed by Mari Nunez.
- Nora - A 103-year-old woman. A family matriarch whose speech and movements are all done with a certain elegance befitting her age. Nora is a memory. She is sharp-witted.
- Sarah - A woman in her forties or early fifties. Sarah is Nora's granddaughter. She is confident and strong-willed.
- David - A man in his forties or early fifties. David is Sarah's husband. He is confident, with a tender side.
The Purse (4 women - Must be at least 55-years-old).
By Sherry Churchill. Directed by Angela Forant.
Ready...Get Set... (1 man, 1 woman)
By Bonnie Grooters. Directed by Mark Pedrick.
Senior Fitness 2 (1 man, 1 woman)
By Bud Vear. Directed by Traci Jo Hubbard.
- Father. This role has been cast.
- Daughter. This role has been cast.
Sure Thing (1 man, 1 woman)
By David Ives. Directed by Ann Holt.
Sylvia's Bench (3 men, 2 women)
By Bonnie Grooters. Directed by Jo Johnson.
- Sylvia - an old crabby lady. 70+
- Catholic Priest - any age.
- Young Mother - 18-40.
- Man with Walker - older.
- Old Man - 70+
Audition Dates: March 16 at 6 p.m., March 17 at 2 p.m. (by appointment)
Callbacks: March 18 at various times
Performance Dates: June 7-10, 14-17, 2018
Click here to sign up for an audition time!
GIRLS - Any girl between the ages of 7 and 16 may audition for the role of Annie or one of the orphans. Older girls may be considered for the adult ensemble. Girls should come prepared to sing 32 bars of a standard Broadway song or a song from a Disney movie/show. They should not sing something from ANNIE at their initial audition. Bring sheet music. An accompanist will be provided. Singing aCappella or with pre-recorded music is strongly discouraged. Girls should also be prepared to tell a one-minute story (fairy tale, real life adventure, story of their own choosing) in a unique way that includes more than standing in place and telling the story. All girls should make themselves available for callbacks on March 18.
BOYS - Boys between the ages of 7 and 16 may audition for the ensemble. Boys should come prepared to sing 32 bars of a standard Broadway song or a song from a Disney movie/show. They should not sing something from ANNIE at their initial audition. Bring sheet music. An accompanist will be provided. Singing aCappella or with pre-recorded music is strongly discouraged. Boys should also be prepared to tell a one-minute story (fairy tale, real life adventure, story of their own choosing) in a unique way that includes more than standing in place and telling the story.
ADULTS - Anyone age 17 and up may audition for the adult roles and ensemble. Adults should come prepared to sing 32 bars of a standard Broadway song. They should not sing something from ANNIE at their initial audition. Contemporary pop songs are NOT acceptable. Bring sheet music. An accompanist will be provided. Singing aCappella or with pre-recorded music is strongly discouraged. Adult should also prepare a one-minute monologue that shows off their strongest acting skills. The monologue should be from a play. All adults should make themselves available for callbacks on March 18.
Trinity Bird will direct with musical direction by Kristi Gautsche and choreography by Elizabeth McNair. Gay Shaw is the vocal coach.
Roles for Girls
- Annie - A street-wise orphan. Spunky, friendly, big-voiced.
- The Orphans - Gritty, neglected and vulnerable, yet basically honest and potentially loveable. Includes Molly, Kate, Tessie, Pepper, July and Duffy.
- Grace Farrell - Faithful secretary to Mr. Oliver Warbucks. Poised, sweet, gentle.
- Miss Hannigan - The orphanage matron who hates children. Very disillusioned, bitter and cold.
- Lily - Rooster's girlfriend, who is also out for a quick buck. She is considered to be a floozy and bimbo.
- The Boylan Sisters - Radio trio.
- Warbuck's Servants - Mrs. Pugh, Mrs. Greer, Cecille, Annette
- Large ensemble with featured roles.
- Warbucks - A successful businessman with a warm heart. Rich, stiff-collared, bullish.
- Rooster - Miss Hannigan's no-good brother looking for a quick buck. A sleazy, slick con man.
- Bert Healy - The ultimate radio personality. He helps Annie by broadcasting about the search for her birth parents.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt - The 32nd President of the United States. A Democrat and friend of Warbucks.
- Drake - A servant to Warbucks.
- Large ensemble with featured roles.
Big River: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Audition Dates: May 25 at 7 p.m., May 26 at 2 p.m.
Callbacks: May 26 in the evening, time tba
Performance Dates: August 9-12, 16-19, 2018
Audition requirements will be announced at a later date. Trinity Bird will direct and choreograph with musical direction by Kristi Gautsche.
- Huckleberry Finn
- Tom Sawyer
- The King
- The Duke
- Pap Finn
- Judge Thatcher
- Ben Rogers
- Jo Harper
- Tom Sawyer's Gang Members
- A Young Fool
- Counselor Robinson
- Harvey Wilkes
- Silas Phelps
- Ensemble of slaves, townspeople, mourners, patients and hired hands.
- Mary Jane Wilkes
- Widow Douglas
- Miss Watson
- Strange Woman
- Susan Wilkes
- Joanna Wilkes
- Alice's Daughter
- Sally Phelps
- Ensemble of slaves, townspeople, tarts, mourners and patients.
Audition Dates: June 11 and 12, 2018 at 7 p.m.
'Tipping Point' and 'The Pattern of All Patience' perform June 29, 2018 at 7:30 p.m.
'Timmy's Big Kiss' and 'Acts of Expiation' perform June 30, 2018 at 7:30 p.m.
Auditions will consist of readings from the various scripts. Directors TBA.
Tipping Point (5 men, 3 women)
- Laura Wells: Female. Early-30's.
- Stephen Wright: Male. 20.
- Cindy Wright: Female. 40's.
- Roger Wright: Male. 40's.
- Cheryl Wright: Female. 70's-80's.
- Malcolm: Male. Early-30's.
- Allen: Male. 20's.
- Chris: Male. 20's.
The Pattern of All Patience (2 men, 2 women, 1 girl)
- Old Man: An old man in his late 70's, has Alzheimer's
- Nurse: Woman in her early 30's, nurse to the Old Man
- Daughter: A woman in her late 30's, daughter to Old Man
- Fiance: A man in his late 30's, fiance to Daughter
- Girl: A young girl around the age of 5, a friend to the Old Man
Timmy's Big Kiss (large cast of various ages including many teens)
Timmy Hilsop is on the run from every girl in his school and the tri-county area, all of whom want to kiss him to win a prize established by his rock star older brother, Van. But does Timmy even want to be kissed?
- Timmy Hilsop: 13-14, high school freshman, the prey
- Penny Ducoeur: 16-17, the cool girl
- Rachel Quakenbush: 16-17, hopeless romantic
- Claudia Urquhart: 16-17, queen of the high school hallway
- Van Hilsop: 19-21, scruffy rock star
- Niccolo Dilucca: 15-16, the best friend you could ever want
- Morgan Morgan: 16-17, a rival queen
- Valerie Lord: 18-20, star of a popular TV show
- Rusty Milsap: 13-14, high school freshman in the right place at the wrong time
- Hornswoggle: a veteran high school teacher
- An Audience Member: an old lady with much to say
- Dinosaur-Headed Bad Guy: Recurring bad guy on a popular TV show
- Assorted Girls: the pursuers
- Da Gama Girls: cheerleaders working for Morgan Morgan
- Henchcheerleaders 1-3: the comic relief in the midst of "Macbeth"
- Security Guards: keeping us all safe from wiseacre audience members
- Director of the Play: the director of the play
- Announcer: an announcer
Acts of Expiation (1 man, 1 woman, 1 man or woman)
What do you do when the doorbell rings and it's an old friend in need of help? What do you do when it's your long-divorced husband in a wheelchair wanting to move back in? With the help of a taxi driver, Neil and Rose learn to walk again, to dance again and to live one day at a time.
- Rose: An elderly woman, 60 plus years
- Neil: An elderly man, 60 plus years
- Taxi Driver: 20-30, male or female
The Flower Girls
Audition Dates: Friday, July 20 at 7 p.m., Saturday July 21 at 2 p.m.
Performance Dates: September 6-9, 2018
Audition requirements will be announced at a later date. Kristin Hood directs.
- Jim: A former carpenter. Susan's husband and the father of Violet, Rose and Lily.
- Jake: Mid-twenties. Young professional. Charming and attractive.
- Violet: A 27-year-old high school guidance counselor. She is the eldest of the Robertson sisters, and she often finds herself caught in the middle between her younger sisters, Rose and Lily.
- Rose: A 25-year-old Type A accountant who lives just two hours away from the family home in North Carolina.
- Lily: At 23, Lily is the youngest of the Robertson sisters. She is 6 months pregnant.
- Susan: A retired florist, Jim's wife and the mother of Violet, Rose and Lily.
Anatomy of a Murder
Audition Dates: August 13 and 14, 2018 at 7 p.m.
Performance Dates: October 11-14, 18-21, 2018
Audition requirements will be announced at a later date. Bruce Crews directs.
Available Roles (most roles could be male or female)
- Parnell McCarthy - late 50's, Irish temperament.
- Paul Biegler - tall, broad-shouldered and rugged.
- Lt. Frederic Manion - U.S. Army, tall, lean, muscular.
- Laura Manion - his wife. She radiates sex.
- Paquette - bartender, small in size.
- Mitch Lodwick - district attorney, handsome, young, well-groomed.
- Claude Dancer - from Attorney General's office.
- Grover Gleason - court reporter.
- Clovis Pidgeon - court clerk.
- Judge Weaver - the judge.
- Dr. Homer Raschid - pathologist.
- Warren Burke - photographer.
- Det. Sgt. Julian Durgo - plain clothes detective.
- Dr. W. Harcourt Gregory - the People's psychiatrist.
- Dr. Matthew Smith - Army psychiatrist.
- Jury Foreman
- Mr. Lemon - caretaker of Thunder Bay Trailer Park.
- The Jury
Cheaper By The Dozen
Audition Dates: October 15 and 16, 2018 at 7 p.m.
Performance Dates: December 6-9, 13-16, 2018
Audition requirements will be announced at a later date. Ron Boyle directs.
- Mr. Gilbreth, dad
- Mrs. Gilbreth, mother
- Mrs. Fitzgerald, the housekeeper
- Dr. Burton, the family doctor
- Joe Scales, a cheerleader
- Miss Brill, a teacher
- Larry, someone "special"